No-one is just a walking gender identity. That’s why we want to help clinicians and therapists see the whole person.
Our bio-psycho-social lens views the whole person’s development. Teenagers require a sensitive, broad understanding of their challenges, not one narrowed down to a single identity label. We bring a compassionate, nuanced, developmentally-informed approach to gender-related distress.
Here are some topics we can cover in our programs:
- I am not a specialist: am I qualified to treat gender dysphoria?
- Sex and gender: what does the latest science tell us?
- Managing the gender dysphoric teen in an inpatient setting
- The challenge of peer influence in the treatment setting
- Suicidality and comorbidities
- Working with families